General Purpose of Job:
Responsible and accountable for providing technical and administrative leadership of the Molecular laboratory, and administrative leadership of the Microbiology laboratory, resulting in quality, cost effective, compassionate patient care.
-The Microbiology lab (includes Molecular) performs approximately 500,000 tests per year. Molecular is about 110,000 of these.
-Our Molecular lab is a Roche Diagnostics, "Molecular Center of Excellence".
-The Sparrow Laboratory overall has approximately 385 caregivers and performs more than 8,000,000 tests per year.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Leads direct reports by delegating clear responsibility, accountability and authority to meet mutually agreed upon expectations
* Assists in development of budgets and business plans and manages to them.
* Identifies opportunities for organizational and departmental improvement, develops cause of action, implements change, evaluates impact of change for effectiveness.
* Administers departmental personnel management program including, performance appraisals, training, counselling and developing caregivers.
* With the Director and front line caregivers, develops and validates new assays.
* Assesses quality control results for acceptability, investigates and takes corrective action when necessary.
* Mentors, develops and guides Supervisor, assisting with implementation of personnel policies and caregiver development and engagement activities
* Accountable for accreditation readiness.
* Performs patient testing when necessary to complete department workload.
* Interacts with other departments in a positive, respectful manner, always looking for win-win solutions and big picture solutions.
Required Responsibilities of the Caregiver:
* Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
* Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion,
Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
* Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful.
* Adheres to established best practices (i.e. Rounding, Thank You Notes, AIDET, etc.).
* Demonstrates commitment to safety by establishing an environment in which safety issues are promptly reported and appropriate actions are taken.
* Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, CLS or related field.
License / Certification:
* MB (ASCP), M(ASCP) or equivalent certification at the Technologist level.
* 5 years experience in a clinical laboratory
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal, management, critical thinking, decision making skills a must
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Basic computer skills-MS word, Excel, Adobe are required
* Ability to handle different sample types like peripheral blood, microbiology specimens, bone marrow, FNA samples
* Isolation and purification of DNA and RNA
* Conventional PCR , qualitative and quantitative Real time PCR
* Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
* Masters degree in Business, Management or Molecular Biology
How to Apply:
* Email resumes to: